Please enter your city to check delivery rate & time.
Applicable tax will be charged at the time of checkout
100% Original Products
Easy 7 days returns & 7 days exchanges*
Product Code: PM_100
Sold by: Saughaat Organics
Phool Makhana (Fox Nuts)
Additional tax may apply; charged at checkout
Phool Makhanas, also known as Fox nuts are a good snack for anyone trying to lose weight. They are full of nutrients and a great source of energy. This low-calorie, high-fiber food keeps you feeling full for a long time.
Phool makhanas make for an ideal snack when you get hit with those random hunger and they are low in sodium, cholesterol and fat content. Phool makhana also known as Lotus seeds or Fox nut, is a recommended dietary supplement which have a great shelf life. They are protein-rich and gluten-free and when eaten in moderation can help you reach your ultimate weight-loss goals.
Phool makhana for weight loss
- Makhana is packed with nutrients like carbohydrates and proteins that keep up your energy levels and keep you feeling full for longer. Carbohydrates are a more resistant starch that are slow to digest because of which glucose in the blood spikes less frequently.
- It is a low-calorie food which is a good option for people that struggle with obesity making it a great guiltless snack for them.
- Since makhana is high in fiber, it improves digestion and prevents constipation.
- Makhana is termed as a fasting food since it is very high in protein content which means that just a handful of this can provide you energy all day.
- The combination of high potassium and low sodium content is good for people who suffer from hypertension as potassium works to bring down the blood pressure
Phool makhanay for diabetics
- Makhanas have a low glycemic index and are rich in anti-oxidants making them a good food for people struggling with diabetes. Diabetics should eat this in moderation and mix it with food rich in fiber.
- The carbs in phool makhana digest slowly as they are also slow to release the glucose molecules into the bloodstream making it perfect for diabetics.
- Makhana contains are low in saturated fats making it a great snack for diabetics.
- Kaempferol is a natural compound found in phool makhanas is known for reducing inflammation in the body and since insulin resistance causes inflammation, people suffering from diabetes and arthritis may benefit from this.
Phool makhana as a detoxifier
Makhana is a great detoxifying agent as it is useful in cleansing toxins from the body. It is beneficial for the spleen which acts as a filter for blood and recycles the red blood cells along with being a nerve centre for the immune system where platelets and white blood cells are stored.
How to use
Phool makhana can be consumed raw or cooked depending on how you prefer them. You can take 25-30g safely of the seeds per day.
A 100 g of these contain approximately 347 calories which has 9.7g of protein,76.9 of carbohydrates, 14.5g of fiber and 0.1g of fat.
Roasted phool makhana
All you need is 2 cups of makhana, a teaspoon of ghee or butter, and salt and pepper. Heat the ghee or butter in a pan on medium-low heat, add makhana along with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until brown and crunchy. Once they cool down, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 15 days.
You can add in different seasonings like red chilli powder, chaat masala, turmeric and lemon juice according to your preference.
Material & Care
What do you think about this Product?
Available Size: 2g
Organic Chia Seeds Highly Nutritious & Rich in Fibers
Available Size: 70g,120g,200g
Tukhme Khurfa (Purslane Seeds)
Available Size: 75g,110g
Gond Katira (Tragacanth Gum)
Available Size: 75g,105g